Resources for Health Care Professionals
Because of the significant rise in both fatal and non-fatal overdoses due to prescription opioids in the region and across the state, the Tri-County Opioid Safety Coalition supports clinician education efforts on safer opioid prescribing and better supporting patients living with persistent pain.
A key strategy to reversing the prescription opioid overdose epidemic is addressing opioid prescribing practices that lead to misuse, overdose and death.
Oregon Pain Guidance is the statewide resource for health care professionals treating pain. Please visit this site for the most up-to-date information on:
- Pain Treatment Guidelines
- Tools such as MED calculators, Tapering Flow Sheets and Patient Communication
- The Six Building Blocks of Pain Management and Opioid Prescribing
- TelePain, Project ECHO and upcoming conferences
- The Oregon Coalition for the Responsible Use of Meds (OrCRM)