RSVP is required. Spots may be limited. Respond to with the names of participants. If necessary, we may need to cap the number of participants per agency. For questions, call 503-988-3030.
Multnomah County Health Department created five videos which provide basic education in naloxone use and recognizing overdose. As of October 2017, training is no longer required to gain access to naloxone, but is recommended. You can access the videos .
Our train-the-trainer session supplements these basic training videos. Participants will also:
- Get comfortable with a suggested training protocol (as covered in videos)
- Learn additional material beyond the recommended protocol
- Learn more about the logistics of starting a naloxone program (ordering supplies, storage, data collection etc)
Community-based organizations may now purchase naloxone through the Multnomah County Health Department Pharmacy. If you would like to order naloxone, please let us know when you RSVP and we will send you all the necessary paperwork. This will allow you to purchase a small amount of naloxone for use at your social service agency.
With the passage of , individuals and entities may purchase naloxone through a pharmacy without a prescription. Social services agencies may purchase as much naloxone as needed for use at their agency. A map of pharmacies currently distributing naloxone can be found on the .
- Due to limited resources, we do not distribute naloxone kits at this training.
- It is not required to attend this training before starting your own program. This training is solely to build training capacity at your agency.
Parking: Please park on the street. The parking lot is reserved for clinic patients.