We want to hear from you!
Take a short selfie video (no more than 3 min) answering the following questions:
- What is trauma informed care, in one word?
- Why is trauma informed care important to you and your community?
- What has been the biggest impact of trauma informed care on your organization/team/community, i
n one sentence?
- What is needed for trauma informed care to work, in one word?
By submitting your video, you are agreeing to have it possibly be included in our compilation video to be presented at the Trauma Informed Care Statewide Conference in October and/or at future TIO trainings and in future videos!
Every month (June, July, and August), we will do a drawing for a $75 gift card.
Submissions are due August 15, 2019!
Here are some tips to keep in mind as you shoot your selfie video:
- Best if someone else records the speaker.
- Place phone on something sturdy, at eye level with the speaker.
- Shoot horizontally in a quiet, well lit place (for example, turn off the a/c and electronics to reduce noise).
- Don’t put subject in front of window, so image won’t get blown out. Natural light facing speaker is good. Do hdr mode so it will adjust exposure for you.
- Have whole head and shoulders visible. Should be able to hear clearly from that distance.
- Don’t look directly at camera.
- Hit record, wait 2-3 seconds, then speak conversationally and slowly (nervous people tend to talk fast). Wait 2-3 seconds before turning off or moving camera.
- No more than 3 takes. You’ll get diminishing returns after that. :)
Watch these sample videos to see how a video submission might look.